Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So I decided to start blogging.....

I've been debating about doing a blog lately. Obviously I decided to do it. I know that alot of people avoid blogs, and facebook, and texting and twittering because they don't wan't to give into the latest craze. I used to be like that, but it wasn't because I didn't want to follow a trend. Rather, it was because I am technologically illiterate. Now that I realize that blogs are so simple, maybe I should have done it earlier...oh well.

The main reason I decided to blog was because I process things well when I write them out. Lately I have been too lazy to take the time to journal things....unless they are really significant. I just get wrestless after like a page of handwriting things. So this blog is more to help me process my life than it is to impress people with the deep things that I can write about or the important things that go on in my life. It's also to help me attempt to stay in touch with my emotions. Garrett and I have figured out that I am great at assessing other people and helping them work through emotions but I forget to assess my own emotions about things. Then they get overwhelming and I break down. Not a fun process.

It's kind of sad how technology has taken the place of things like letters. I used to love getting letters in the mail, from my pen pals. haha. Seriously, I had so many pen pals...I can still remember some of their addresses by heart. The other day my mom ( sweet mimi ghorms) found a letter my grandmother had sent to me. ( the reason she sent it was b/c i was collecting stamps at the time.....dork) Anyway, it was from a soldier writing during world war 1 home to his girlfriend. He had beautiful cursive writing, and used GREAT words, and he was really witty. It was interesting just to see how times have changed.

Well, thats all for now folks.....

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, friend! I am really excited about you blogging!!! I am ok with reading the thoughts you process here. It will help me keep up with you when our schedules get too hectic to see each other regularly. Yay!!!! I love you friend!!! Welcome.

    ReplyDelete