Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well I was kidding...my blog didn't crash...I just can't work computers apparently. I already knew that. I was trying to put a really cool template on and I cannot figure out how to do that for the life of me! If anyone can help me please let me know!

While I'm at it, I will do a quick update on my life. I say quick because I really should be studying. I have 2 tests on Monday, a test on Tuesday, and a project thing due on Wed. Why do they decide to pile up all of the tests, quizzes and projects in the same week in grad school??

However, if I can get through next week I have a very exciting weekend waiting for me! You see, I have always loved history, especially Roman and Egyptian history. The first time I read about King Tut's extensive tomb treasures I was mesmerized. I have always wanted to see them. Next weekend I am going to Dallas with my parents. (while Garrett roughs it camping with the guys for Garrett Peters bachelor party)The reason we are going is to visit family but mainly to see KING TUTS TREASURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ridiculously excited about this. I'll tell you a couple of other things I'm excited about in my life right now....

1. Going to Kenya this summer with Elevation! I think about this trip every day. We are taking 21 people to Kenya to work in orphanages and partner with some churches over there doing ministry. I have always wanted to go to Africa so I can't wait. On a deeper level I can't wait to see what the Lord does on this trip. Seeing what the Lord is doing overseas is always so inspiring. It's unlike any other experience to see the body of Christ work together for a common purpose.

2. I'm loving leading a small group again. I haven't led a small group in about 2 years and I have missed it. It's not even about leading it, because I really don't do that much. It's about the fellowship and how the Lord speaks to me through every one of the girls in my group.I love the girls in my group. They make me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.It's amazing how a group of people that didn't know each other 1 month ago can be so close and transparent so quickly. Again, I have never experienced this kind of bond so deeply and quickly outside of the body of Christ.

3. I've been thoroughly enjoying watching American Idol this season, for obvious reasons. Every tuesday we go over to my parents house and cook dinner all together and then watch the show. This is a new thing for my family. We have never been big television watchers but it's really fun to "follow" a show.

4. Being married. It's a blast, I'm excited every night to come home to Garrett. He's my best friend. However, marriage is WAY harder than I ever imagined it would be, and yet the most refining thing I have ever experienced. Maybe I'll blog about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment