Monday, July 13, 2009

1st post in 4 months....

So I'm clearly not very good at this "blogging" thing. I can't figure out how to get a cute background (which drives me insane), and uploading pictures is hard for me to figure out. The biggest reason though is the pace of my life. However, I really want to try to be better at my updates. It's therapeutic for me to write my thoughts down even if no one reads them:) So here is what has been going on the past 4 months in my life...

In March, we went on a Spring Break vacay with the Kimbrows to Branson. We stayed in a condo that the conner's hooked us up with for free! 1 week prior to going on vacation I had a dream that my best friend Erin (conner) was pregnant. The dream was very vivid and I remember there were about 4 people in the dream she was announcing it to. The walls were white with floralish patterns.

Anyway, so the week we were in Branson Erin and Craig come over one night and have a big announcement "WERE PREGNANT!!" I immediately was creeped out because it was deja vu from my dream! The walls in the condo were white and it had floral accents,the announcement was to 4 people, even the way erin said it was exactly the same as in the dream! It was so strange. My mom has always thought my dreams were prophetic at times. I guess she was right. Erin is now close to 6 months pregnant and recently found out that the baby is a boy! His name will be Ethan Ascher. So cute. I love being able to watch people close to me go through big life experiences before I do. I learn so much and am able to know the reality behind those experiences(like lots of my friends getting married before I did). I'm definately learning from Erin during this season.

As soon as we got back from Spring Break Ben proposed to Megan Davari. Wow...there are alot of hilarious stories about the proposal and all the mishaps but it turned out perfectly! (and yes she will take my former name..Megan Ghormley..still getting used to that one).

In May, we took a trip to Kenya, I think I will wait to write details on that trip and make it a whole blog post with pictures. It was an incredible trip to say the least. We worked with the local church there, did street evangelism, taught English, worked feeding stations, visited orphanages, etc.

In June, immediately after I came back from Kenya I started summer classes. Psychopathology and Learning and Cognition. Thank the Lord those are over, summer classes are never fun. There is something about taking classes in the summer that is not right, plus the campus is so dead it feels creepy. Like the rapture has happened or something.

We began July with a trip to Milwaukee. Garrett grew up in Milwaukee and so his 4 aunts live there and his Dad and all of their old friends. Milwaukee is a GREAT city. I am going to write an entire blog post on that one too. His relatives planned out every day what we would do,what we would eat,activities we would partake in, where we would sleep. We felt like royalty being served all the time.

So now it's back to work after our wonderful vacay. This month will hold lots of wedding activities considering my brother is getting married August 7th, my 24th birthday, garrett taking a team from elevation to baton rouge to work in the dream center for 5 days ( i have to stay and work..pooee) our 1st wedding anniversary and 3other weddings we will attend.

I'm enjoying not being in class this term and hope to get lots of gardening and house cleaning done on my days off work. (cool..when did i get so boring that what i look forward to in my time off is cleaning and gardening??)

Next month it will be back to grad school. I will be starting my 2nd year of classes and my first practicum. I am really lucky to have gotten a practicum position at the counseling center at UCA. ( i don't have to drive to russellville or little rock!)My practicum will consist of me starting to actually counsel people. SCARY!! I have learned alot in class and feel like I can talk to most anyone with relative ease, but it's still different than doing a "real-life" therapy session. I'll be doing that 10 hours a week, taking 9 hours of classes, and working as a GA in the graduate school for 20 hours a week. Whew, my life just keeps getting busier!

So that's a quick(not really) update on my life. Look for Kenya and Milwaukee updates coming soon!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment